A Giant do it yourself rose bridal bouquet. Made by a real bride, Nata, her stunning idea definitely added big splashes of colour within the wedding.
• 4 sheets of Doublette crepe paper for petals (can find it here – the doublette crepe is $2.50 per sheet and each sheet measures 10
x 49 inches)
• 1 sheet of Doublette crepe paper in green for leaves, calyx, stem
• 1 round pencil
• Craft Glue (we used this kind)
• Crepe paper templates (download from Martha Stewart)
• 3 copies of teardrop template
• 8 copies of the heart-shaped template
• 2 copies of the leaf template
• 1 copy of the calyx template Step 1: Cut the PetalsCut 5-6 teardrop petals and 15-6 heart-shaped petals from the petal colored crepe paper. Make sure the crepe paper grains are vertical when cutting the flower petals, it will affect the way it is cut and curled. Place 1 copy of the template over 2 pieces of crepe paper and staple together. Don’t cut more than 2 layers of crepe paper at the same time as it can affect the cut, size and shape.
Step 2: Make the rose stemWrap two wire stems with floral tape
Step 3: Shape the Petals
With both hands, pull the centre of the petals outwards, with will create the curve inthe middle of the petals giving it a more realistic petal-like quality.
Curl the top of the petals using a pencil and rolling over.
Step 4: Create the rose bud
Take one tear drop shaped petal and wrap it around the top of the taped stem (from step 2), secure with floral tape. Continue until all tear shaped petals are used.
Step 5: Make the rose bloom
Take one heart shaped petal and wrap it around the rose bud, secure with floral tape, continue until all petals are used.
Step 6: Make the leaves and leaf-stem
Cut 3 leaves and 1 Calyx from green crepe paper.
Take 3 floral wires and wrap each one with green crepe paper using craft flue. Attach 1 leaf to each crepe paper wrapped floral wire and glue together. Repeat for the remaining 2.
Step 7: Add calyx to rose
Wrap the Calyx cutting to the rose and rape with floral tape.
Step 8: Add leaf stems to rose
Using craft glue, secure each leaf-stems to the rose stem.